[techinc-announce] First of May : Beer Brew Day - Invitation to BeerBrewDay II !

Justa contact at sociallife.org
Sat Apr 16 22:46:06 CEST 2016

We're going to be brewing beer again on:

FIRST OF MAY : 2016 05 01

It'll start at 10:00 at Techinc, main space.

Please see https://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/FirstOfMayBeerBrewDay
Please add yourself there if you plan on coming or let us know in some
other way. It is fine if you come up un-announced too, however.

Event Highlights:

We're going to brew a ServerRoom Saison!

- We'll attempt a technique of brewing high-volume batches using
small-batch gear (diluting with water only before fermentation) or even
after ?

- Justa will give his newly improved belt-driven grain-mill a try !

- Piele might share some of the secrets of last time's IPA-recipe !

- Depending upon availability, last brewing-session's products might be
up for tasting.

- Some other beers from the brewers are up for tasting as well (pumpkin
ale, SenSeIPA, More ? (piele ?))

The last beer-brewing session was concluded rather succesfully with two
beers that have come to be hihgly drink-able.

- A NEI-PA, or NE-IPA..; something that was brewed as an IPA but turned
out different.

- A syruppy stout that sticks to the inside of your glass and tastes of
coffee but contains no amount of coffee at all!
Both of these are being gleefully consumed at the moment by the brewers;
we aim to have a couple of bottles available for tasting at BeerBrew II.

What you can expect of the beer-brewing day:

- You get to see AND participate in the production of a beer from it's
grain, water, yeast and hop components all the way to the point where it
is ready for fermentation
- You get to understand the proces that turns the grain into something
the yeast can use.
- You get to appreciate the amount of preparation, hygeine and
concentration that goes into preparing this beverage
- You get to see a number of techniques/variants in the process that can
be used to simplify or improve certain steps , depending on the desired
outcome.

**** SPECIAL NOTICE *****

If you have a beer-kit, beer-brewing-set, or somesuch that you would
like to bring and (under assistance) be shown how to use and/or to see
just how you can improve on the basic techniques of it: please take it
with you ! We'll be happy to help you brew up a batch in it during the
day, sharing ideas, experiments, hops, material, etc.

****** END OF SPECIAL NOTICE ******

Please let us know you're coming, either by contacting Justa/Piele or
adding yourself to the event-page listed at the top of this mail  (an
anon-alias is fine too, just so as long as we can see general interest).